A short poem I would like to share.

You look at me that way with disgust and disdain I'm pierced and tattooed I must be insane But who are you to judge when you kneel down and pray just because our beliefs are not the same we are not so different you and I for we are all the same when we die

Friday, December 2, 2011

what I have lerned about my self

Okay, I've said it before but this is my first blog and had no idea how to go about things. I was going to scrap this blog all together and start over, or not blog at all. After talking to some new friends, and reading some tips for blogging I think I can do this. I found an agents blog (thanx to a new friend) that I think would be help for any aspiring writers http://www.rachellegardner.com/ also http://warriorwriters.wordpress.com/ has some grate tips. I have found both helpful. Not saying that now I am a blog expert, but knowing a little more shore helps.

I knew writing a book wasn't going to be easy, but until I started I had no idea what I was getting into. With three young kids at home (8, 2, &1) I don't have a lot of time, but I knew a long time ago this was something I wanted to do. It doesn't mater if I don't get this book published, what maters is that I'm happy with my work and enjoying what I'm doing. I'm an artist so I have always looked at what I do that way, at the same time being my own worst enemy. Just because I don't like something I have done does not mean it isn't good. So now I am taking my time, and figuring out who I am as a writer. I paint, tattoo, design most of the tattoos I do, and have written a lot of poetry, none of this compares to writing a book. I am creating hole new people, a new world, a different life from our own, I find it to be magic. Most of the time when I site down to write I'm excited, unless of course nothing is coming to mind. I know this post isn't very long, but learning that in my mind I can do this is note worthy to me.
I would love to here from other writers. When you started did you feel like maybe you weren't meant  to be a writer, that maybe you where wrong? How did you come to realize you where just being over critical of your work or self?

No comments:

Post a Comment