A short poem I would like to share.

You look at me that way with disgust and disdain I'm pierced and tattooed I must be insane But who are you to judge when you kneel down and pray just because our beliefs are not the same we are not so different you and I for we are all the same when we die

Friday, December 16, 2011

Taking on to much

Last night I was up till just a little before one in the morning painting. So far the painting I'm working on is terning out wonderful, If I could find my camera I would add a photo of it. I was a bad artist and neglected it for far to long, But I know why. I just didn't like the way it was going, and I had other things to work on. I have my book, Helix, and two books I was critiquing, (down to one, I finished what I was given for one.), a sick husband the past few days, and three sons to care for. To say the least my hands are full, to tell the truth I love it. I love my family, taking care of them is important to me. My husband understands at the same time I need to paint and write, it is part of who I am. Getting to critique and being critiqued I like a lot. To help some one polish there own work so they can put out the best book they can makes me feel good, and to get that in return helps me look at my words with new eyes. I have taken on to much, but I wouldn't be me If I hadn't. warning to others, watch how much you take on, don't let your side project get in the way of what is important. Be it family or your work, everything you do is important in one way or another. Sorry this post is so short, but I have somewhere to be with the boys. Plus there is still plenty of day left to blog. Talk to you all soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment