A short poem I would like to share.

You look at me that way with disgust and disdain I'm pierced and tattooed I must be insane But who are you to judge when you kneel down and pray just because our beliefs are not the same we are not so different you and I for we are all the same when we die

Monday, December 5, 2011

Lets talk paint!

So for a change I'd like to talk about painting. what do you like to paint most? what kind of materials do you prefer?  Do you ave a picture you can share. Even If you don't paint feel free to share your favorite form of art you work in. From writing to sculpting what do you love?
I love to paint, I have for a long time . When I was in school Art was my best subject, the short time I spent in high school it was Art and technical design. I also joined a writers group that was short lived. From middle school on I won many awards, from 1st place to 3rd. This doesn't meen I'm some awesome artist, I am just someone who loves all forms of art! I have a painting to share with you, one that means a lot to me.


https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1515673308250.48069.1727008635&type=3

I painted this for my older brother and his now wife as a wedding present. The colors in there wedding where the same as mine, red, black, and white, so the painting is to. I searched for the perfect close up of a flower to get inspiration from. I was going to go for realism and realized that just isn't me, I want it to be from the hart. I love ow it came out. Nice stretched canvas, and oil paints, I only work with oils painting. At the time I painted this it had bin almost five years since I had painted a thing. I love It, and I am so happy to be painting again, even with limited time. I have a 8 year old, 2 1/2 year old, and 1 1/2 year old boys at home, things get busy in our house.
So there it is my favorite piece of my work, that I still have. I used to sell, but I have gotten better and want to start selling again. so far I have one I'm 1/2 done with already sold! she asked for it and told me what she wanted, but I had an idea for part of it I think she will love.
Can't wait to see and read about all of you.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry if the picture dosen't work. I tought it would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are on facebook.com you can view it.

    ReplyDelete